Saturday 24 July 2010

Restaurant h.h. Müller in Berlin and a new Winepedia online!

Having recently spent the weekend in Berlin on a business trip I was fortunate enough to have had a delightful evening meal at a restaurant, the h.h. Müller in the district of Kreuzberg. I enjoyed the 3 course meal so much that I feel that it would be unjust not to mention it on my blog, as it is rated among the top 5 restaurants in Berlin. After making the reservation online via the restaurants website. My colleague & I went for the meal on the Saturday evening, for a starter I had scallops sauted with mushroom and bacon in sauce, with a main course of Souffi with spinach and spring vegetables and some pistachio profiteroles in a vanilla sauce for dessert. My colleague had something similar except for the main course they had lamb, vegetables & mint sauce. To drink we both had a glass of wine.
When discussing about the fantastic wine list with the maitre, I was pleasantly surprised when he informed us that we could give opinions on, and share ones knowledge of wines on a website with its own winepedia! (that´s just what I'm looking for!) So, I got an info card from the restaurant on the site, incidently called Table-booking.com, in order to check it out when I got back home. I was surprised about this multilanguage portal, which is based on web 2.0 technology and offering a variety of features and services ( including reservations online
, websites, video marketing, a management system,etc) for restaurants, guests, chefs, etc (as they mentioned along the web it is a mixed between myspace/facebook, youtube and wikipedia, but for the gastronomy worldwide).

Back to my main interest (the encyclopedia for wines) I just landed on the section labelled Gourmet´s World, where I finally found my online treasure: a Winepedia! I found the
concept very similar to the well known Wikipedia, but much simpler to use, you can easily edit, publish articles on recipes, cocktails, cigars, spices and wines (I think they should add sections for beers, oils, etc.). I immediately signed-up as a new member of the goumet community (a kind of social network for lovers of wine and food, such as I!) I decided to test the winepedia and publish one or two articles, you can see the results by clicking on the links below.

I think this is a super idea, not just useful for the Wineries to promote their wines, by creating a profile and then publishing their own articles, but useful for someone such as myself who wishes acquire more knowledge on a variety of areas regarding food, wines and drink! Which I hope to do using these "pedias". I also have discoveredthat it is possible to upload your own pictures for the gallery of the article (like in the wikipedia your article should be revised, to detect copyrighted material, etc.) and paste some links. I have wanted for a long time now to write down my
experiences about food, wine and travel. I began to do so a few weeks prior to my brief trip to Berlin, and I am glad that I found another place online, where I can also write about wines & combine it with my personal blog. I hope you can enjoy and contribute also! Here the articles that I published on the Winepedia so far:

about Andalusian Wines:



Wines from Andalusia - Sherry

Andalusian Wines from San Lucar de Barrameda - Manzanilla
Andalusian Wines - Pale Cream & Cream
Andalusian Wines - Pedro Ximenez


Winepedia - Table-booking.com















No comments: